Pros and Cons of Peer to Peer File Sharing
Peer to peer file sharing basically refers to the sharing of videos or music on personal computers over the internet. Each participant in this case contributes their own resource in the form of disc storage, internet bandwidth and processing power directly with other participants on the peer to peer sharing network.
In the last decade or so, this kind of file sharing has become popular as it eliminates the need for buy entire CDs or pay for songs. People are able to download music that belongs to other people for free. While peer to peer file sharing sounds like a great idea, it is important to look at the pros and cons associated with it.
- Less expensive-Peer to peer file sharing is often free (though there is the question of legality) making it attractive for people not interested in spending large sums of money getting an entire CD when they are interested in just one song. This kind of file sharing also makes it easy for users to select and choose their preferred downloads. Even legal fee based peer to peer file sharing options are less costly.
- Efficient-This type of file sharing is not only fast but easy as well. People interested in legally downloading things such as Windows update and the like are able to do so quickly. This is because peer to peer file sharing takes the large files, makes them more manageable thus allowing faster downloads.
- File sharing can expose you to lawsuits especially when you download material protected by copyright laws.
- It is easy to inadvertently download or open a virus on your network or machine which can cause security breaches.
- Others are able to view or copy private files that you had no intentions of sharing
- You might unknowingly download pornographic material that is not correctly labeled.
- Many of the file to file sharing networks once downloaded have malware and spyware. This can either crash your computer or slow it down. If you have intentions of downloading files or music from peer to peer file sharing, it is important to ensure you have a good spyware, firewall and antivirus software installed in your computer in order to protect your information and files.
- It can weigh down your internet connection because many users on the peer to peer sharing network send requests to download and upload files at the same time.
- When running a peer to peer file sharing application, your computers, bandwidth, processing power and disk space is used in order to assist others on the same network to use their software efficiently.
This paper was written by one of our writers at assignmentwritinghelp.net. If you are interested in buying an essay that is of similar quality, contact our support team and place your order. We assure you that we have your best interests at heart.
Precisely for this reason, we hire the best essay writers who are masters and PhD degree holders from the best universities. With us, each paper you buy is 100% original as it is written from scratch. Our writers also follow your guidelines to ensure they deliver unique papers.
Timely delivery, affordable prices and guaranteed professionalism are some of the guarantees you enjoy by placing your order with us!