What is in a dissertation topic?
Choosing a dissertation topic is one very important factor of writing a dissertation paper. This is because without a god topic, you are most likely to end up without a dissertation paper; why; because you will have no research materials to back up your claims as per the topic requirements. As a student who is about to write a dissertation regardless of the subject, there is need to know that a topic says it all about the hard or easy time you will have trying to complete that paper. A topic is to a dissertation paper what a name is to a person. As such, as you choose dissertation topics take your time and carefully consider what the topic implies.
Examples of geography dissertation topics
So you have a geography dissertation assignment to complete but do not know where to begin because you do not have geography dissertation topic ideas. To choose a good topic, you might begin by first understanding that geography is divided into several branches as follows:
- Hydrology and hydrography, which is the study of water in term of its distribution, movement and quality and charting of the various water features respectively. They both fall under the larger category of hydrosphere.
- Pedology, which is the study of soils. Special interest is on the classification, composition, formation and morphology of soils
- Environmental management is a wider branch that is concerned with the protection of natural resources and habitats as well as control of risk-causing agents in the community.
Knowing the various categories or branches of geography there are, you are now better laced to formulate geography dissertation topics which you can comfortably work on.
Factors to consider when choosing dissertation topics
When you choose a topic from a list of geography dissertation topics, take your time and ensure that the topic you choose has the following characteristics:
- It should enable you to work independently or at least seek minimal help if and when need be. This means that you should be able to elaborate what you topic is all about when asked to by your tutor.
- The topic you choose should also enable you to decide on the question for the research that you wish to conduct an investigation on
- The topic should enable you to apply substantive, philosophical and methodological insights, being able to borrow from other courses.
- Choose a geography dissertation topic for which you will be able to apply both quantitative and qualitative methods in data analysis as you write your dissertation paper.
- Most importantly a good dissertation topic is one that will provide you with an opportunity to research on the project in a detailed systematic manner as well as present the findings lucidly, using diagrams and illustrations where necessary.
Where to find examples of geography dissertation topics
We invite you to come to www.assignmentwritinghelp.net for geography dissertation topics and for help in writing dissertation paper.