When writing a conclusion of a research paper, you need to be extra cautious in summarizing the entire paper without seeming vague or losing its meaning. Writing a conclusion chapter for a research paper requires that you design more tactics to write a proper conclusion. At the same time, there are some things that you should avoid writing or conducting research in writing in order to prevent writing a weak paper. Let us have a look at several tips to have a strong grasp on before writing your research conclusion chapter.
Tips for writing a conclusion for a research paper
Restate the topic: A good research has a well-restated topic. Do not spend too much time on this exercise. The research should be effective to bring out clearly the importance of the topic, so that you do not have to elaborate or defend the topic in the conclusion.
Restate your thesis statement: Rephrasing your thesis statement is also vital. A thesis should for example, be thin and narrowed to the point. When rephrasing this statement while writing a conclusion for a research paper, make sure you do not write the same statement as in the thesis.
Summarize your points in a brief way: Have a constant way to remind your readers of the previous points you stated earlier. Make sure you re-read the topic of each major paragraph and come up with an effective way of restating each point appearing in the topic sentence. Make sure that you do not repeat any details arising from the topic.
Sum up all the points: Research in writing is involving and you may find that you have not brought out the importance of your points clearly. Your paper may be quite inductive while writing a conclusion for a research paper but this does not apply to all research papers.
Design a call to action: It is important to restate the need to conduct further research to your readers however; this is not necessary and does not apply to all research papers.
Ideas for writing a conclusion for a research paper effectively
- Maintain a close information synthesis: A more basic conclusion chapter is the summary, which has close resemblance to the research introduction. Research in writing, which aims at synthesizing the information, makes sure that you rephrase your thesis well.
- Maintain the logic: By using your evidence, state a logical opinion in a general way but avoid unnecessary details. Research in writing at usa-essays.com offers support in achieving these.
Research in writing: what to avoid when writing a conclusion
- Avoid the term “in conclusion” or any related sayings writing in research
- Avoid stating your thesis in the conclusion
- Do not change the tone in writing a conclusion for a research paper.